Wydział: Architektura i Wzornictwo, Grafika, Malarstwo, Rzeźba i Intermedia
Frequently asked questions – download
Information on preventing COVID-19 spread among the AFA community:
In connection with preventing COVID-19 spread among the AFA community, the Rector of the Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk:
- Cancels lectures and classes with students, doctoral candidates, excepting remote classes (until the 10th of April 2020);
- Closes the Library of AFA (until the 10th of April 2020);
- Cancels open events, e.g. conferences, symposiums, open lectures, cultural events, etc. (until further notice);
- Suspends travels abroad and participation of employees, doctoral candidates and students in national conferences (until further notice);
- Suspends accommodating new people in Student House and visits of outside guests (until further notice).
Precautions announced by Polish Government taken to minimalise spreading the COVID-19 in Poland:
- You can leave your home only if necessary (for example: go shopping, go to a doctor, go to/back from work)- restriction valid from the 25th of March to the 11th of April;
- Gathering and travelling in bigger groups than two people is forbidden – restriction valid from the 25th of March to the 11th of April;
- The number of people in the means of public transport shouldn’t be higher than the half of the seats (for example if there are 50 seats on the bus, a maximum of 25 people can be inside of it);
- Stop international flights and trains (you can still leave Poland with a car or a bus, but once leaving, there won't be any way back until the government withdraws the decision) starting on Sunday, 15th of March, for ten days for now (can be longer);
- Close the shopping centres (all the other shops – supermarkets, groceries, butcher shops, pharmacies, banks etc. will be open as usual) for the next 14 days,
- Close bars, pubs for the next 14 days;
- Limit the activity of restaurants (option for home delivery or takeaway food stays as it was, but there is no possibility to sit inside) for the next 14 days;
- Transport inside the country will work as usual (with a limited number of connections).
For breaking the restrictions, there could be fines up to 5000,00 PLN.
Entrance to the Academy buildings
Existing student permits to stay in the studios are canceled for the duration of the suspension order.
Entrance to Academy buildings for students and PhD students is suspended for the duration of the ordinance.
Our Academy is now implementing elements of on line learning: consultations, corrections, transfer of teaching materials.
You will get information individually from the teachers via e-mails. Of course it is not possible to conduct all courses this way but according to new announcement by Vice-Rector for Education and Student Affairs prof. ASP dr hab. Sylwia Jakubowska-Szycik (dated 17.03.2020) there is a recommendation to work on-line as far as possible.
Please contact the academic teachers on theirs official e- mail addresses, they are available on the website: http://zbrojowniasztuki.pl/pracownice-i-pracownicy/obecne-dydaktyczki-i-obecni-dydaktycy
Recommendations for students living in ASP Students House:
The accommodation of new people in student dormitories is suspended and external visitors are forbidden.
In other matters, the recommendation of the Chief Sanitary Inspector applies.
The Chief Sanitary Inspector recommends that students leave their student housing if they have the option of other accommodation. The stay of other students in student dormitories should be organized in a way that allows maximum limitation of contact between people, preferably in separate rooms with a separate sanitary facility.
MNISW recommendation: Please note that universities must provide accommodation for students (including foreigners) who cannot (for various reasons) leave the dormitory.
The Academy administration works on a part-time system during the suspension period.
Dear students, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org